Sunday, January 2, 2011

I'm Back!

Fellow Gamers,

Welcome to the new year! I know that you've all missed me, but let's get down to business.

I have been enjoying the holidays as I'm sure you all have and over this holiday break I was able to complete most of Donkey Kong Country Returns for the Wii. This really brought me back to the gold ol' days of the Super Nintendo. This game plays a lot like the original Donkey Kong country with a few Wii controls added into the mix. If you shake the controller DK will smash the ground unlocking secrets in the levels as well as stunning eneimes. If you hold down and shake the controller DK will blow air which is used to unlock secrets as well as defeat some of the later enemies. The vistas and landscapes in this game are phenomenal and even for a Wii game I had to stop and stare at the scenery more than once. The silhouette levels are even better as you play through the level in a darkened atmosphere with DK as a silhouette. Playing through this game was not easy though. This is definetely one of the hardest platformers that have been recently released. But while it may be hard, it has also been one of the most enjoyable platformers as well. You can even team up two player for some monkey mayhem with a friend. If you have a Wii I highly recommend this game as I am rating it one of the best Wii games to date.

No comments:

Post a Comment